Some people would argue that the movies are better than the books but I disagree. Here I will list my reasons for liking books and movies.
• Always have more detail
• Can imagine what the characters would be like
• Don’t need to wait for a movie to be made
• Easier to read in public
• Costs less.
• Don’t have to buy a ticket AND buy the DVD.
• Can put the book down and pick something else up
• Easier to share with friends
• Don’t need to be in the same room as friends while enjoying the same story
• See the characters come alive
• Here and see the world that you’ve fallen in love with
• Not as much detail as book
• Shorter than the books
• Costs more than most books
• Have to sit and watch the whole movie in one go
So in looking back I prefer to read the books then go see the movie not just go see a movie based on a book.